Saturday, September 29, 2007

"where do lost things go? " "into non being, which is into everything"

i used to have dreams of being a princess and having a prince fall in love with me. He'll sweep me off my feet and bring me to live in his sprawling castle. The castle will have a magnificent view where i can see eagles soaring, the deep blue sapphire sea and neverending skies. Of course, before he can fall in love with me, we have to go through some kind of life threatening situation where both him and i will fight together hand in hand. This is my fantasy so i'm definitely not some damsel in distress waiting to be rescued which means i can totally kick some bad guy's ass.

this was what i used to fantasise about. i'll be someone with her own formidable powers and together with a cute and dashing guy oozing over with charm, we'll save the world with our little band of sidekicks.

now, i don't seem to fantasise as much as i used to where my stories will be taken down based on my daydreaming. i haven't written anything in a long long time now.

sad as it it and as much as i do not want to accept it, as we slowly grow up, getting older and older by the day, its hard to maintain our hold on our dreams and fantacies. They're like helium filled balloons struggling to escape our grasp and to float up into the sky. Never to be seen again till the day we're little wrinkled men and women sitting in bamboo rocking chairs.

Little by little, our imagination gets eaten up by the harsh realities of the real world.

even so, i'll continue to hope, to dream and to create a little world of my own...

are you a vision
sent to me as a warning
by someone of great learning
are you a mirage
only for my eyes
and never within my reach
are you a dream
a reflection of my heart's desire
an opposite of my reality
no matter where i go,
what i do,
what i think,
i will not fail.
even if i do, fear will be absent
because,
i know you are my Hope and Faith,
supporting me when i fall.
love ~ yuwen

No comments: